Sustainable Event Management
Ynys Resources provides guidance and advise on making your events sustainable. Working with associates including Q Marketing & PR Ltd, Nfys Design and L29 Creative Graphic Design Ltd we can create a sustainable event for you and your delegates. Contact us to discuss your sustainable event needs.
Company and networking activities can impact both directly and indirectly on the environment. It is important to demonstrate best practice within the business and also to encourage your clients to do the same, resulting in a net environmental benefit to the region. A key way that this can be achieved is by business making conscious efforts to reduce the environmental and social impacts of holding events and conferencing.
Read our key steps to make your event sustainable
- Delegates, exhibitors and contributors should be encouraged to give feedback on the event.
- Endeavour to find venues with EMS accreditation and a commitment to continual environmental improvement.
- Increase the wellbeing of delegates by providing plenty of fruit and water and maximise natural daylight at the venue.
- Promotion of sustainable waste management practices by stipulating venues with facilities to encourage waste minimisation, recovery and recycling.
- All marketing materials will be printed on 100% recycled paper.
- All conference correspondence to delegates, exhibitors, sponsors and speakers will, where practicable, be sent via e-mail and available on a website to minimise waste.
- Event information and the Event Programme are printed double-sided on 100% recycled paper and will be provided at registration.
- Delegate bags will be reusable or recyclable
- Pens and paper will not be provided to delegates to encourage the re-use of both paper and pens.
- Delegates should bring notepads made from scrap paper.
- A recycling point will be available and we ask delegates to ensure that they return their badges and any unwanted materials so we can reuse and recycle these items.
- Encourage delegates to use public transport.
- Encourage all delegates, speakers and exhibitors who must travel by car to use car sharing where practical.
- If possible arrange transportation from the closest railway or bus station.
- Offset the carbon emissions from the activities related to the events by supporting local environmental initiatives in area close to every venue location.
- All catering should be served using non-disposable crockery and cutlery.
- Jugs of tap water should be used where possible.
- If the facility has food waste recycling then biodegradable cutlery could be used, however reuse is better than recycling.
- Food waste generated by the activities (teas/coffees, lunch and dinners) should be recycled if the venue has facilities, every effort should be taken to find venues with this capability.
- Fairtrade refreshments should will be served where possible (refreshments).
- Organic and locally sourced food should be served where possible.